Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sleek Makeup + Inglot Palette

Im so excited to announce that I am the proud owner of my first Inglot palette as well as some Sleek makeup! First let me just say that i had no idea how affordable these 2 companies were! I heard about them many times when watching different youtube beauty guru's, but just never thought to give them a shot since i thought they were outta my price range. After navigating my way through both online websites, I finally chose my wanted items.
For Inglot i went with the ever so popular Freedom System palettes which come in a palette of 2, 4, 5, 10, 20, and 40!! The blank palettes alone cost anywhere from $5 - $29. Then you can go and choose which eye shadow shades you want to put in your palette. Each eye shadow cost $4.25, totally do-able!!! There is a shit ton of colors to choose from too! Now this brings me to the downside, as far as I know, you can only buy Inglot cosmetics from their online website (They may have an actual store in NY though). So choosing eye shadow colors from a screen is a bit difficult.

I decided to go with the 10 shadow palette. After choosing of a variety of eye shadow colors I knew would suit me, I checked out and patiently waited for my package to arrive. Let me also add that shipping cost about $10.

The eye shadows arrived individually wrapped and i got to place them in the palette in whatever order i wanted.
The packaging on the palette is phenomenally made. Super sturdy and i like the fact that you slide the lid to open it. It is magnetized.The eye shadows arrived individually wrapped and i got to place them in the palette in whatever order i wanted. Upon going over my colors I realized i made 2 mistakes (and this is why it sucks choosing colors online). I had chosen 2 light brown colors that look EXTREMELY similar. FAIL! Mistake 2, The glittery black color I chose is an exact dupe for the eye shadow in the Sigma Bare Palette. FAIL #2! But nonetheless, i am happy with the high pigmentation of them all.
One downside of Inglot eye shadows is, they dont name them, they just have numbers, which can be difficult when your doing a tutorial or something along those lines.

The colors I chose for my palette are: 360 matte, 10 shine, 334 matte, 448 pearl, 65 amc, 342 matte, 34 shine
433 pearl, 483 DS, 450 pearl,

COST: single eye shadow: $4.25
Blank palette for 10: $11.90







As for Sleek makeup, let me start off by stating how loooong shipping took. I will let it slide though since it is being shipped from the UK. ; )

Now from Sleek I ordered the Oh So Special eye shadow palette. they had a few different palette's to choose from, and this one just seemed more my thang! I wanted to make sure I chose a palette that would have a great variety of colors to suit my everyday look as well as a "night out on the town" look.
I do like the packaging, not as much as I love the Inglot palette, but it is much sturdier than some packaging I have come across. 

This palette is gorgeousssss, I love the colors as well as the "waffled" texture on the eye shadow. This palette came with 12 eye shadows and they for the most part are very pigmented. The one thing i will pick at is they look slightly different in color than they did on the computer screen, but thats due to each computers resolution. Either way i still love the colors. 5 of the shadows are shimmered, and the rest are a matte, which i love. Nothing more annoying than a full blown shimmer palette. It comes with a huge mirror and a long eye shadow applicator (which i most likely wont use). 

COST: $12.60

The colors starting with the top left and ending with bottom right

Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate, Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir






But thats not ALL I bought off of Sleek. I also picked up the infamous Face Contouring Kit as well as the Hide It Concealer. 

The contour kit comes in 3 different shade, i believe - Light, medium, and dark. I purchased Medium. Its a nice medium matte brown, and it also comes with a gold-ish highlight powder. 

COST: $10




The concealer stick reminds me of the Boots #7 concealer stick I used to use, and I was actually a big fan of it. I purchased it in the Shade 00, but when I opened it up, the concealer actually looks like a light kind of pink color, and not the light porcelain color I expected it to be. After swatching it on my hand I realized that it does go on the skin as more of a light porcelain color. PHEW! 

COST: $6






In the end, I do recommend these products. Just be sure to factor in shipping cost when making your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment