Monday, November 14, 2011

Foundation Obsession

For years I have always bought one foundation and used it for a year or 2 before moving onto a new brand/shade. Its just always worked out that the color i bought (i thought) matched me perfectly. I never thought to maybe branch out and try different types of foundations to see if maybe there was something better for me out there. As you can see, I have collected quite a few foundations over the past...I'd say year. I have had many trial and errors and probably spent more money than i should have if i just went to a professional and just had them assist me, but of course, im stubborn.
So going in order i will list each foundation and what my thoughts are on it.

(From left to right)

1. Rimmel Lasting Finish - 100 Ivory - I only bought this because i had a $1 off coupon for Rimmel products and i wanted to try it out. Not a fan at all, to me it sets cakey. COST: around $6
2. ELF flawless finish - Almond - Bought this online and it is wayyyy too dark for my skin tone, so i didn't even bother trying it on to see how it looks. COST: Around $6
3. ELF Flawless Finish - Caramel - Round 2 of buying another shade online and i failed, again still too dark!
4. NARS Sheer Glow - Tahoe - Another online purchase and huge FAIL! Way to yellow and dark for my skin tone, so again i didn't bother using it. COST: Around $40. Total waste of money, i wish i would have bought it in the store and got the right color.
5. Revlon Beyond Natural - Medium/Deep - Bought this because it was marked down to $3 at CVS. I cant resist a bargain, its a bit too dark for my skin tone but it matches perfectly when i mix it with the Light/Medium. I find that it blends really well when you apply it with your finger tips as if it were a tinted moisturizer. It is not a full coverage, its more so to just throw on your face when you want to run out of the house, but still have some coverage and evenness.
6. Revlon Beyond Natural - Light/Medium - A bit too light for my skin tone, but matches perfectly when i mix it with the Medium/Deep. (same feedback as above)
7. Too Faced Amazing Face - Warm Vanilla - Another online purchase that i actually got lucky on. Its close enough to my skin tone and doesn't have any strong pink undertones in it. I'd say its a pretty neutral foundation. It can be built up to a nice full coverage, and when my skin gets a little more tan, i like mixing it with a darker shade i own. I do use this foundation quite a bit now that i have lost some of my tan. COST: I think this was somewhere in the $25-$30 range.
8. Revlon Photo Ready - Medium Beige - Im a huge fan of Revlon products, I never have a bad experience with their foundations, unless i get the wrong shade. They have most been compared to department store brands as well. I LOVE the fact that this one has a pump, there is no worse feeling than a pump-less foundation jar spilling out more product than you need. The downfall of this particular foundation is their shade range is very small. COST: $11-$12
9. Revlon Photo Ready - Shell - Same review as above.
10. Neutrogena Healthy Skin - Nude - This is in my top 2 favorite drug store brand foundations that i have come across so far. They are the closest to my skin tone, their shade range is pretty decent, and the price is also good. I bought this one when it was on sale for $9, and then had a $2 coupon so i got it for $7. Not bad for this amazing foundation!
11. Neutrogena Healthy Skin - Fresh Beige - Again, same review as above, I like mixing this shade with the lighter shade i have to make a close color match to my skin. It blends well, doesnt look cakey. Has a more natural look to it. Regularly priced at $11.
12. Revlon Colorstay - Rich Tan - This is the color i would use when i have my tan. This foundation has been known to be a good drugstore dupe for MAC foundations. Their shade range is pretty decent and they also have formula's for oily and dry skin types. This foundation retails for about $9, so not bad at all for it being compared to MAC. This is also in my top 2 favorite drugstore foundations.
13. Revlon Colorstay - Medium Beige - Again, same review as above. This is just closer to my skin tone now.



No comments:

Post a Comment